Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Syriyka Trousers for sale - Two Sizes Available
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:31 pm 

Good afternoon everyone,

This time around I have some spare Syriyka uniform trousers as well as one jacket that fits the smaller size; 48-3.

The two sizes of trousers I have are; 52-3 and 48-3, with the 48-3 having a matching jacket available for the same price as the trousers as well, I will include the set if it is requested.

The price for each pair of trousers and the one jacket is $25.00 USD. Well below the asking price stated by most sellers, especially retail collector sites in the US. The larger trousers are in perfect shape, while the smaller trousers and pants somewhat faded and used, it retains sand from Syria so I assume it was used in combat once before.

Images will be posted upon request, PM me with any other information, thanks.

Post subject: Re: Syriyka Trousers for sale - Two Sizes Available
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:39 pm 

What is a "Syriyka" anyways? I'm not committing though. I might be interested, if I knew what it was.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:55 am 

Comrade, I believe it looks similar to the pattern on this uniform.

http://sovietarmystuff.com/Product_482_Soviet_Russian_Army_Afghanistan_Uniform_Summer_Suit_Jacket_%26_Pants_M69.html

I'm not sure though, since I can't remember where I heard the name of that uniform, but I do remember it had a tannish color.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:14 am 

gafrin is right on the era, it is from the Soviet Afghanistan conflict, but it's a much older issue.

There's so much said about these things it's hard to get the real facts on the thing, but what I've been able to find from reliable sources is this;

'Genuine Soviet Army uniform "Syriyka". Hot climate combat uniform, first used by Soviet troops in Syria. Khaki color.'

And this;

'Soviet Army Sergeant's and Enlisted Man's field uniform jacket. Worn at very outset of the war in Afghanistan. 1977 dated manufacturer's stamp. No insignia other than six plastic buttons showing the star with the hammer & sickle. Large shoulder boards sewn into place. Reinforced elbows. Evidently to prevent the jacket from riding up in wear, there are canvas ties and loops sewn into the inside hems on both sides.'

These two are confirmed as reliable sources, so it's easy to see that they were widely used towards the very beginning of the war as well as when Syria was fighting Israel over land and water along with Iraq and Egypt. Those conflicts are known as the 'Six Day War,' and the Yom Kippur War which is, the second conflict...

I can't find any decent photographs of the uniform aside from these, which looks exactly like mine (except the smaller size is used and shows sand and such from being in the Afghan conflict or possibly in Syria);
Attachment:
File comment: COPYRIGHT OWNED BY ATLANTIC CROSSROADS.
Syriyka.jpg
Syriyka.jpg [ 266.85 KB | Viewed 1021 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:18 am 

That's pretty cool... unfortunately I have things I need to save money for now... including something else I plan to buy from you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:25 am 

Yeah no biggie man, these things are hard to find cheap, but you can find them later no problem, and I'm sure I'll have trouble selling these damn things since I still haven't sold my trench coat I put up here about a month ago. :\

I'm going to start throwing some caps up for sale here soon just because I keep getting them sent to me from some buyer I received mine from weeks ago...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:41 am 

What kind of caps?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:43 am 

Eh I've got two Afghanka caps and one VSR Dubok cap, they are the ones that fold on top or over your chin to prevent wind n stuff from getting in your ears and on your neck.

Two Afghanka caps are size 55 and 56 from what I remember... and the VSR Dubok cap is size 60, my largest size fortunately... Usually I get stuck with crap that just doesn't fit so they throw it to me expecting me to be all happy for a free gift. :\

Oh well, if I can't find people to use it on here I usually sell em to parents or something for their kids as gifts n such. Maybe give the little guys a new mentality on how to live. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:47 am 

Like this?
http://www.sovietarmystuff.com/Product_ ... Badge.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:50 am 

Yep, that's the Afghanka cap, the other one is basically vertical FLORA camo, but you can get the idea of what it looks like from that. ^^