Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 1:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Soviet Army Uniform Belt with Green Star Buckle
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:59 am 

The belt is in top condition, and looks brand new!

One thing to note, which was a little upsetting to me is that it wont fit some pairs of pants, as the belt is too wide,(it will definitely fit cargo pants, and some jeans... Not my school pants, however Sad ) but it is still a great purchase and the buckle system is pretty neat.

Definitely worth the purchase, and the star on the buckle looks amazing!

Post subject: Re: Soviet Army Uniform Belt with Green Star Buckle
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:35 pm 

Gentleman !

The belt arrived in perfect and as new condition, shipping time was excellent ! I bought it to go with my Makarov Holster and AK magazine pouch. It is effectively too wide to fit most jeans and BDU belt loops, yet looks great on a field jacket. I guess one could use it as a fashion accessory, if so inclined Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:08 pm 

Wearing this would definitely get you some weird looks if you wear it in here. People would think your one of the Communists Rebels here! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:46 pm 

My son is 6 foot tall (181 cm), and his suspenders that go with this belt seems to run out of adjustment before they can be made long enough. The leather keeper on the strap that runs down his back is riveted to the strap and hits the buckle, limiting the amount of adjustment that can be made.

Were these originally offered in different sizes to accommodate soldiers of different heights?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:49 pm 

bowfin wrote:
My son is 6 foot tall (181 cm), and his suspenders that go with this belt seems to run out of adjustment before they can be made long enough. The leather keeper on the strap that runs down his back is riveted to the strap and hits the buckle, limiting the amount of adjustment that can be made.

Were these originally offered in different sizes to accommodate soldiers of different heights?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Yes, they were issued in sizes: 1, 2, and 3, three being the largest and for those of sizes -4 and -5 and up. However it is difficult now that everything is mostly in a warehouse to find the different sized harnesses.

The leather on the back has a space in it so that the soldier could fold up his plash and insert it there for transport.

Also keep in mind the suspenders were meant to keep the belt at the technical location of the waist; level with the belly button, and not so much around the thighs like most modern pants are designed for.