Sovietarmystuff.com

Russian / Soviet Army Surplus Items
It is currently Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Scammer warning
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:33 am 

Had a problem with a guy on ebay (yajikita1964) who it turns out has a website selling militaria. What happened is he bought an item off me back in January. I shipped it and sent him the tracking info, and informed him it would be 42 business days for delivery, and that once it left the UK it would only be trackable on the Japan Post website. The buyer then filed an item not received dispute before the shipping time had elapsed and also refused to track the item on the Japan Post website. I wasn't able to do this as I don't speak Japanese. Paypal paid out to the buyer (and it wasn't a small amount either) despite me providing the tracking info and informing them I had asked the buyer to track the parcel from his end and he refused to do so. I posted on red-alliance at the time asking for help from any Japanese speakers. A member kindly helped me out last week, I'm not going to name him as I don't want to expose him to any trouble, but if youre reading this know that I am grateful. The forum member concerned checked the tracking info for me and sent me screenshots showing the item had arrived with the buyer shortly after paypal reimbursed him. The funny thing is he never bothered his backside to inform me of this or send the payment. I did message him on ebay about this and received no response at this time, which leads me to suspect he may be running a scam to supply his militaria business cheaply. Since ebay sellers cant now leave negative feedback for buyers there would be no way of knowing if he has done this to anybody else. I have filed a claim with paypal and informed them I suspect him of fraudulent activity, and the fact he received the item and didn't say anything shows him to be a thoroughly dishonest individual. The forum member who helped me expressed extreme displeasure with the behaviour of this individual as well, I think he was worried about Japanese people being brought into disrepute, but worry not - all barrels have bad apples!
Below is the website and ebay user link to the individual, if anybody else has had similar experiences I'd be happy to hear

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/yajikita1964

http://dourakumon.ocnk.net/

Post subject: Re: Scammer warning
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:31 am 

Thank you very much for the information - it is always good to map all the scammers.
I have seen his eBay account before, but I will certainly now avoid it.

PayPal unfortunately supports the buyers, most of the time, as the sellers normally are the ones to scam the buyers - but it is indeed possible the other way as well. It would be ridiculous if you found what you sold to him, on his website, and a good form of evidence as well. I just checked out his site, and the prices are laughable expensive.

Please tell me the outcome of the PayPal-case!

-G

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:49 am 

It was a miracle actually. I emailed him on ebay yesterday telling him I was going to do this, and also that I would be contacting the Japanese authorities, and in nine minutes (yes, nine minutes!) I had the payment in my paypal account, which came in handy to get things like a new pair of boots, a new pair of trousers, new insoles for my boots, and various other things ordered. He still hasn't replied to any of my communications and I expect he isn't going to, but here are the messages I sent to him on ebay:-

You may ignore my communications all you wish but that doesn't take away the fact you are basically a thief. I will be contacting the Japanese authorities after writing this to see if any action can be taken. I am also posting warnings on every militaria collectors forum I am a member of with links to your ebay username and your website so people know how dishonest you are. When you filed the dispute I told you I was only selling the things to raise funds to take my wife for medical treatment and you still swindled me out of this amount. You are without honour and a disgrace to Japan. I have filed a claim with paypal and I will support it with legal action against them if that is what it takes

And then to maintain my composure after he had sent the payment, I sent him this. I kept it pleasant, as after all I didn't want him thinking he had riled me. And I was quite pleased to get my money!:-

Payment is received, and honour is satisfied. May Kami smile upon your day

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:47 pm 

Hah! I must laugh... Every scammer like this thinks it's shits and giggles all until they can actually face the consequences for their actions.
I am glad to hear that it went well!

Hopefully, everyone thinking about buying from/selling to this yajikita1964, will change their minds after this warning, and the one at RA. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:43 pm 

One would hope so. I recall the guy trying to run the scam on here a few years ago who had the temerity to threaten my family when I exposed his little game. I don't know if he realised making idle threats against the family of a man who once killed an enemy combatant at 800 metres over open sights was maybe not the smartest move one could make Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes